Reply To: MH delays

Back to Forum

JH_1234
Participant

It’s such a shame, the way MH seems to be going. They’re generally superb in the air (especially on the A380) but all their work to rebuild the brand and win back customers with excellent fares is totally undermined by appalling on-the-ground / back-office customer services. Things are great when they’re going well, but they seem utterly unable to handle irrops. Or to communicate.

I’ve been waiting six months for a reply to one email about various issues I had; another took five months to get a cut-and-paste stock reply (that even then was badly written) saying nothing at all. Most of the time they simply don’t bother responding to email, and when they do, they might as well not have bothered. By phone they’re great at doing routine things like making bookings and selecting seats, but utterly useless at fixing problems. I’ve been trying to get a meeting with Adrian Keating, the UK Regional Manager, to discuss my concerns, but even he doesn’t respond to email, and ever since they centralised their call-handing, there is no way (at least that I know of) to call the London office directly – which is a shame, because the team there were always superb and a large part of the reason I’ve stayed loyal over the years (and sent many tens of thousands of pounds of spend their way).

As for their IT, they make BA look clever (e.g. successfully knocking out their entire online booking system for three weeks as part of a web site update). It’s as if they’ve never heard of the concept of testing software before deploying it.

I rather suspect that once I’ve flown my remaining bookings and burned my miles, that will be it from me. If they can’t even respond to their top-tier frequent flyers, they clearly don’t give a damn about anyone else.

Incidentally, in case anyone was wondering form my last post – “Malaysia Boleh” roughly translates as “Malaysia can do it” – the “but won’t” at the end is silent.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls