Reply To: BA seat assignment cancellation

Back to Forum

SimonS1
Participant

I can understand why the row one seats were deleted, notwithstanding your distinguished record these would have gone when you ceased to be Gold.

I do agree though, the appropriate action would have been for BA to reassign seats together somewhere else. I’m not sure whether there was a technical glitch but the reality is BA no longer does customer service so it isn’t any great surprise that you were left high and dry.

In terms of what to do next, sadly I would say grin and bear it. If you write in you will get some standard response which will probably irritate you even more.

As far as the rows are concerned, yes CE seems to go back a long way these days. However prices have come down a lot meaning it is accessible to more travellers now. Remember you are talking about economy seating with an empty middle seat and a slightly better meal. I thought I read that a further tightening to 27″ legroom was on the cards.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls