Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

AlanOrton1
Participant

I apologise if some of this may sound like it is stating the obvious, but my take on BA’s thoughts behind this are:

MF are much cheaper
Legacy, not only do they receive higher wages, there are higher on-costs as well as other T’ & C’s that are likely a factor. Such as pensions.

As a result they want to get their staffing costs down.

I’d hazard a guess, like handbag & rferguson have mentioned, given their far greater insight than mine, that BA would like over time to see Legacy decrease further and further in numbers as in their mind it will help their bottom line.

I suspect MF, at least for now, is where BA see the future being. It is a crew that are paid similar levels to VS, EZY etc, which I suspect is what they want.
My concern is part of what set or sets BA apart is there are some truly excellent, experienced crew that are very capable of delivering superb service which is better than you’ll get on a VS or similar.

Perhaps if BA really see MF as the future, they need to pay them at market + 10%. Plus have career progression options so over time they do develop some experienced crew, who are capable of delivering excellent customer service, albeit on a lower cost base than the Legacy crew.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls