Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

FDOS_UK
Participant

FDOS are they not inextricably linked? It was a move by management to “try” and maintain service levels at a reduced rate which has backfired spectacularly..

As Swissdiver pointed out in response to your comments, this thread focused on mixed fleet, so your point above is relevant in the context of ‘what’s the point of mixed fleet’, but the broader customer experience and comparisons with other airlines (which seem to me to be well made) would be best on the other thread I’ve opened for that purpose.

As was mentioned if it were handled differently as in the case of Qantas there might have been a different outcome and we wouldn’t be having the conversation.

That is a good reflection, leading me to ask what is the point of doing it in a way that seems engineered to create division and make it more challening to roster crew across the airline?

I know that all airlines are in “business” but isnt their business getting people from point A to B in the safest and most comfortable way, BA thought they had a way of doing it better and impacting the bottom line in a favourable way?

Some people may argue that their business is to make the shareholders a better rate of return than they can get elsewhere – does mixed fleet help them to do this (and the short/long term perspective may differ on this point)

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls