Reply To: Qatar isolated by neighbouring countries – what does this mean for QR?

Back to Forum

SimonS1
Participant

Well I first moved to Dubai in 1991 and spend 2 in every 4 weeks here so I guess you are not the only expert. Yes I remember the bus trip well, it was certainly more than one man and a dog on the bus when it got to immigration which is why the queues were such a bore.

As a baseline I believe that 30% of passengers landing in Doha leave the airport, the others are in transit to somewhere else.

Of the others coming to Dubai a decent chunk are migrant workers on low value tickets, they will switch to the next cheapest transit option such as Oman Air who fly to 11 destinations in India now.

For the premium travellers – well my neighbour here who did have a booking via Muscat to LHR in July has been moved to BA via the OneWorld alliance, and another work collegue is going via Amman for the same reason.

When you take those out I honestly doubt Tim Clark will be running for his investment advisor.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls