Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

K1ngston
Participant

I have watched this debate descend into mud slinging which is why to be honest I left the forum the last time but was convinced to come back. The subject is clearly an emotive one for many and whilst I feel that FDOS asked a pertinent question, there have been variations of a theme in response which is fine by me and should be accepted.

For me, I am not interested in Legacy or MF, I am looking for a level of service that I should be entitled to on a flight with so many choices to be made out there

I recently gave an overview of my QR flight back to the UK to get married and at the time I benchmarked the service against all competition, and I am afraid BA in my opinion generally doesn’t come anywhere close. From aircraft, staff interaction and how my fiancé and I were treated on all 4 sectors this is how it should be done. This was not always the case, I remember getting on the Moscow flight and the welcome meant you were “home” getting on the Shanghai or Beijing flights the same, thats not the case now … Maybe most of you travelling in J or F still get that feeling but it does not extend to the back. It does on other OW airlines …. I attain Gold by generally travelling in the back so my loyalty should always be recognised (which it isn’t of course)

There are of course exceptions, I fully appreciated handbag and RFergusons views, they know right? It could be one persons interaction during the course of a flight that will either make or break the experience. However in my now limited interactions with BA whether the team is Legacy or MF there is not the same interaction that there once was and this is detrimental to the airline and the brand

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls