Reply To: Qatar isolated by neighbouring countries – what does this mean for QR?

Back to Forum

alainboy56
Participant

Its ok, we are all used to some sharp words from SimonS1, but I am neither deluded nor mistaken. Having been in these parts for more than 25 years, I know what I am talking about. There are very few pax for DOH. For example, does anyone remember when in the late stages of DOH at the old airport, the aircraft in the majority were parked remotely and it entailed a long bus journey all around the north west end of the runway, there was a DOH arrivals terminal specifically built and it would be the first stop on this ‘long’ bus journey. Inexperienced passengers would pile off the bus and then be coralled back on again, when the driver explained that it was not for transit passengers. Also for Premium pax, when entering the luxury minibus, the driver would ask discreetly if anyone was for DOH, there were very few ‘takers’, if any.
I have been flying through DOH for many, many years (even during GF years) and the pax traffic is minimal, from UAE perhaps a few bankers and also some ‘locals’ for business, maybe some family members meeting friends/relatives, but minimal numbers. This has increased slightly since the boom years of last 2 or 3 years, but it certainly does not warrant even 5% of the flights available between UAE and DOH

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls