Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

handbag
Participant

Swissdiver

Participant
Back to the thread…

Is there a minimal chance both crews would finally be blended or is it impossible as long as WW is around?

As Legacy Crew, my personal opinion is, No.

I do think this would be a beneficial thing, but there are 2 major reason why I do not think it will happen.

1. BA saying that the current model does not work.
2. Crew Seniority issues and the issues relating to this. Union etc.

The plan is that eventually there will no longer be a Legacy Fleet.I do believe, that due to the higher turnover than expected, that this is taking longer than anticipated.

Over the years, the numbers are gradually decreasing. Legacy Crew are regularly offered VR and every few months part time lists are opened. I don’t know the figures, but I would suspect that 60% if not more, that are on some type of part time contract.

Part time is
75% Available 3, off 1 week
50% Available 4, off 4 weeks
33% Available 3, off 6 weeks
Job share 1 month on , 1 month off ( this is no longer an available choice, but there are many Crew who are still on it).

With the large numbers of Crew taking the regular VR and Part time, there may be a time when the Legacy Fleet is not viable. At this stage, I suspect that due to the low numbers, Legacy will have no option but to join Mixed, rather than the other way around.

This is my personal opinion and of course, I may be totally wrong.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls