Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

I agree handbag. And I think it’s something we’d have to collectively agree on via a vote with the union.

Personally, i’d be willing to find other ways of allocating our working positions apart from the current seniority system on WW if I get something in return – which would namely be a more certain future and access to the entire route network again.

In regards to working ‘under’ Mixed Fleet CSMs….it wouldn’t bother me at all. I imagine it would be like WW CSD’s – some are great at their job others useless. I remember when LGW longhaul was closing as a ‘legacy’ base years back and LGW ‘Single Fleet’ was taken over. All the existing LGW legacy crew were offered direct transfers to LHR legacy long haul. LGW longhaul being the more junior legacy base had a reputation as being fiercely strict and some of the CSD’s down there had sargent major-esque approaches to their jobs and a real name for themselves. When they ended up coming to LHR longhaul and tried their same approach with the LHR legacy crew most realised their tactics would get them nowhere and the majority chilled out. I think it would likely be the same for CSM’s.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls