Reply To: BA Miffed Fleet

Back to Forum

handbag
Participant

As usual rfergusson makes a very comprehensive constructive response. I am Legacy Crew and agree with his points.

No matter what you are taught in a training school, it can never be underestimated how important it is working and learning from those that know how to do the job in the real world.

On a recent flight a Crew member told us how on Staff Travel, he had recently had to sit on an upper deck jump seat, as the flight was full. He quickly learned that both of the Crew had been flying less that 6 months.

As sitting on the jump seats for a long flight is not that comfortable and he hoped the time would go quicker, he offered to run the galley for them and do all the preps. After the service was completed, they couldn’t thank him enough for the help they had been given and the tips of how to get everything prepared and organised.They also went and asked the in charge Crew member to have a chat, as the suggestions he had made were so valuable.

I don’t know if there is any way now that the 2 groups could be integrated (due to contracts etc), but I certainly think the mix of enthusiasm and experience would be a good thing.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls