Reply To: Blockchain: The Next Evolution in Airline Loyalty Programs

Back to Forum

JH_1234
Participant

Interesting article, but it reads like an attempt to get further up the Google rankings when people search for “Blockchain”… 😉

Certainly an interesting technology, which will no doubt have many uses and revolutionise/disrupt many indistries – but it strikes me that all the issues mentioned in the article are matters of airline policy rather than technology.

Not sure blockchain per se will do anything to increase redemption seat abailability, or make it any easier to book, or prevent regular miles devaluations; and would airlines really want a unified mileage currency / ability to redeem miles on any airline? I would have thought not, but perhaps I’m missing something. Even if they did, arrangements would have to be negotiated and deals done, which surely comes down to people and decision-making, not the latest buzzword-du-jour technology… 😉

That said, blockchain may well be a very useful technology for airlines to adopt, but perhaps not for the reasons the article suggests?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls