Reply To: Dublin to JFK – Delta One

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

@FlightDoctor – agree with everything said by Rockhopper. Try to avoid the short overnight flight New York to Dublin, a 5 hour time change on a 5-6 hour flight is a ‘killer’… This summer, for the first time, I will route home via Charlotte as the flight is slightly longer..

There is one additional piece of the jigsaw I will add. The positioning flight on an unconnected ticket (avios or otherwise).

British Airways are becoming very strict about missed connections on unconnected tickets. I prefer not to stay overnight in Dublin so travel to Dublin day of departure. The earliest BA flight from London to Dublin is 6.40 am which is due to land at 8.05 am. I also take the 11.20am flight to PHL.

I would not like to test AA/BA if the positioning flight to Dublin was late OR the return leg back to Dublin was late causing me to miss my positioning flight back to London. My only advice, be aware of the time and depending on the age of your children, shepherd the flock through to the 51st Green, purposefully…..

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls