Reply To: Dublin to JFK – Delta One

Back to Forum

Rockhopper
Participant

We (family of four) did Dublin to Orlando via Philadelphia last summer on AA in business. As you say we had an A330 outbound and I have to say it was one of my best recent transatlantic flights. Pre clearance in Dublin was easy and pretty quick (total of 20 mins I think) and the new 51st & Green lounge which is after US Customs is pretty good.

The flight itself was on a former US Airways A330. Cabin was in good condition and the crew were excellent – really proactive and friendly. Flight arrived on time and arriving as a domestic passenger meant a short walk up to the Admirals Club and an hour or so wait for the connecting flight to Orlando.

Flight to Orlando was on an international configured 757 which meant a lot of legroom in First. Again crew were friendly and service was very good. Some minor weather related delays (ground stop in Philadelphia due to thunderstorms) but otherwise an excellent service.

We came back through Charlotte on the way back which is again an A330 for the transatlantic sector in the summer. Crew weren’t quite as good on that flight. The gentleman serving my side of the aircraft did what he had to do but wasn’t proactive or particularly friendly.

Overall I was very pleased with our flights given how inexpensive they were and I now use Dublin (both AA and Aer Lingus) for the majority of my transatlantic travel.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls