Reply To: BA First to SJC and then transfer to San Francisco

Back to Forum

ichtop1%
Participant

I’d love to…….but its not until early Sept, and you’re going the wrong way ha ha. We did a road trip 2 years ago on our first visit to California using Virgin miles for an Upper return before switching to BA for this trip and really fancied the 787-9 First option with SCO being a new and decent alternative to SFO. We stayed SF Mark Hopkins for a couple of nights then made our way to Oakdale for an overnight before heading through Yosemite and down via a stop in Bishop prior to Death Valley and Vegas. Did the whole helicopter GC trip with dinner on white linen (Yes, brownie points galore were banked). Stayed there for a couple of nights at The Palazzo and then straight over to Paso Robles for a full day wine tour (Grapeline – Marvellous – I think……….i cant remember too much apart from getting on the bus……so it must have been good………hic!!!).

We then did CA1 via Ragged Point (Lovely stop for coffee and Hummingbirds) before lunch at Nepenthe and onto The Clement at Monterey for a couple nights via some amazing au natural whale watching just off CA1 north of Nepenthe. And then home via SFO.

Obviously now absolutely gutted that having booked a similar but less frantic trip, one of the highlights was to be the same CA1 drive and Nepenthe etc etc…………BUT………clearly now closed, and closed for a lot longer than originally expected due to the recent mud slide that’s wiped out a whole chunk of the road for what looks like a good year at the very least.

Going back The Clement at Monterey for 3 nights though as absolutely love that place, but going the less scenic way up from Paso Robles.

Cant wait.

Enjoy your trip.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls