Reply To: VS offering Status match

Back to Forum

BugAdvisor
Participant

I’m always amazed to hear when people say they prefer BA Club World to Virgin Upper Class. In my view, Virgin is superior in almost every way: Better lounge, better seat, better food, bar and better staff. The only downside for me is that I can’t use the earned miles for my shorthaul European flights as I can with BA. I usually convert Flying Club Miles to hotel points.

Lounge: The BA Burger, available to order in the First Lounge, is terrible. Contrast this with the excellent Virgin Burger. Table service dining only available to BA First. VS Champagne is readily available. BA Business lounges don’t offer champagne – only the First lounge. And we should remember that Virgin Upper Class is actually priced as Business Class and not First.

Seat: I really appreciate the completely flat seat with mattress cover, as you are then laying on a clean bed, not some seat that several thousand others have sat in for 10 hours at a time. They also offer sleeper suits.

Food: I’ve had some pretty terrible meals in CW but always enjoyed my Virgin meals – even those in premium Economy are okay.

Bar: Virgin 1. BA 0.

Staff: The best BA staff are probably better than Virgin. Generally, I’ve found the Virgin staff to be happier and friendlier.

BTW I’ve no connection with Virgin – although I did fly the Virgin inaugural LGW-LAS 20 years ago with Richard Branson and his parents. But nothing since.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls