Reply To: VS offering Status match

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

@Defcon5 – I hope the OP doesn’t mind to a wider discussion on Virgin (after all they do not get much space on BT).

I used to use VS for most of flights, but switched to BA about 6 years ago. I think we will all agree that both VS and BA J on board products have their shortfalls, but when comparing each, I tend to favour BA.

What I dislike about the VS product is:

1. The seats are only adjustable to half recline, then they need to be flipped and you are laying on what is basically a wooden board. The bed cant be electronically adjusted to suit the individually. I know of no other J seat (other then Air N Z I think) that is designed this way. At least the BA seat is FULLY adjustable.

2. I take a window seat to look out of the window, not to strain my neck half way back to look out of the window.

3. The food offering, especially out of Gatwick, became worse than the BA offerings

The LHR lounge, was and still is a very good lounge.. we agree there.

To be fair to Virgin, both UK longhaul scheduled carriers (I.e. BA and VS) are in DESPERATE need to update their J product. So it is understandable why VS are trying to snatch business of BA by offering this status match.

Sadly it will not entice me., although I will be flying VS soon, just to get rid of my last load of airmiles, so perhaps I will use that flight as an opportunity to test the product again.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls