Reply To: Advice Please – Bangalore First Timer

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

Perth, with respect to Sharmilabanu and any other first time poster suggesting anything other than top hotels, I’d be careful as they may simply be touting for business.

I see Susi is a first time poster as well but her advice is very sound. I’m a man but first time anywhere makes me wary and I always ask the hotel to arrange for transport and then use them for all other transport needs. I would also stay in a 5 star hotel belonging to a respected chain such as Taj, LHW etc. The extra cost is worth it in terms of security etc and once there you can get a feel of the place for yourself for the next time you visit and then make your own decisions accordingly.

Keep the direct number of the concierge handy so you can ask them to arrange your return. Another option if you have several meetings is to just keep the car for the whole day. This can be surprisingly inexpensive and something I often do even in towns where I know my way around.

Under no circumstances use UBER if they are there. They do not guarantee your safety and their role is just to put you in touch with a private driver via their platform.

As a security consultant once said to me, chances are nothing will happen to you, but a few hundred extra pounds (dollars etc) spent to ensure your safety can save you many thousands if something does happen, not to mention anxiety and stress that can be caused to loved ones.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls