Reply To: Advice Please – Bangalore First Timer

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

I use Le Meridien and find it to be excellent.

They will send a driver to meet you at the airport and the car will be clean, tidy and fitted with seat belts in the back (many are not).
Journey time from airport to city is an hour (can be 90 mins in peak times) – the hotel car will cost a lot more but, it’s by far the safest way.
Uber now operate in Bangalore and I’ve used them several times & found them cheap and reliable, but, I am not a female travelling alone.

Generally worth downloading the free maps package from Maps.me (Android & IOS) – maps are downloaded onto your phone so there are no data charges. Maps.me comes with completely free Sat Nav and I have found it very useful in countries where I just want to let the taxi driver know that “I have Sat Nav and I know where you are driving me and which route you are taking”

Best piece of advice I can give you for travel in India – pack plenty of Immodium – you’ll need it 😉

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls