Reply To: Mr Michael – suggestion for a lasting tribute

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

I’ve been thinking on this and while it’s a great idea and I’d also be happy to contribute, I can see Martyn’s point of view about the sustainability of this long term and it may commit BT to something they would not wish to take responsibility for – perhaps emphasized by their lack of comment.

The other thing is we don’t know who MrMichael was. We know his wife and daughters name but that is all and maybe thye wish to stay anonymous which i could understand.

I’ve another suggestion to make. In MrMichael’s situation there are usually other people or institutions involved, nurses, doctors, palliative care etc. Maybe a one off contribution could be made for a bench or something needed in the hospital where he was treated, along with a plaque along the lines of “donated in memory of MrMichael (or his real name if Sue agrees) by members of the Business Traveller Forum”.

I’d also be happy to match Charles’s contribution of £250 and perhaps if we knew what others might give we could have an indication of how much we could contribute and the recipient would know the sort of budget they have for what they need. I also understand that some may wish to contribute but be unwilling to state the amount publicly so perhaps they could indicate to someone at BT so we have a proper figure.

We should ask Sue what she thinks of this and go from there, though we should leave the family alone for a couple of weeks while they grieve and arrange his funeral etc.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls