Reply To: British Airways Global System Outage

Back to Forum

HairyBloke
Participant

Hi

I was supposed to be flying short haul to Nice with my family on a nice weeks holiday on the Saturday of the outage, and naturally this flight was eventually cancelled. I luckily had ‘inside’ information from friends actually working at T5 when this was all going on so didn’t leave the house.
Executive Club came up first on the US version at around Midnight on the 28th and I managed to put myself and family on a flight on the Monday. Eventually I got through to an Exec Card rep at around 6:30 on the Sunday morning to confirm re-jiggle my inbound flights, at which it seems that my original Saturday outbound booking disappeared. This saved our holiday without BA having to make ‘first contact’. I naturally put in for compensation, and had an email on the 4th effectively saying ‘the cheque is in the post’ … So pretty much all in order there, and naturally I still have my boarding passes in the ‘wallet’ of my phone.

One thing that I see on this thread is talk of people having their TIER level on BA extended for 2 years , I have had no communication from BA on this at all. I was actually still a Gold member at the time of the outage, but my year ended and dropped to Silver on June 1st. Do you believe that I should be getting my Gold status back, or should I be giving BA a nudge?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls