Reply To: Qatar isolated by neighbouring countries – what does this mean for QR?

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

Mrs. LP glad she used the last of her miles from QR for a return trip to JNB and even more pleased she traveled last week otherwise she may have been caught up in this. Nothing to do with the current events but she said she will no longer fly with them, but she’s preparing a report so I won’t preempt it.

Seems Egypt now wants their central bank to halt all dealings in the Qatari Riyal and are speaking to the other central banks to do the same. QR lost 9% today.

Also interesting just how much the Qatari’s own just in the UK, not just IAG but also stakes in VW, Shell, Glencore, Sainsbury’s to name a few, plus of course their massive property holdings in the UK, not least of all Harrods. If this turns out to be true will Mrs. M start confiscating their assets under the current terrorism laws? Might help pay off the national debt!

I’m not privy to any information but I feel there is more to this than meets the eye. Something is going on. Why close land borders and expel citizens? Does not make sense and you’d think the Saudi’s et al would have the USA put pressure on them if there was any state sponsorship of terrorism, and it would all be done very quietly.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls