Reply To: BA Mixed Fleet vote on strike action

Back to Forum

seasonedtraveller
Participant

Eu 261 for cancelled flights or will this be outside BA’s control…??

Already booked on 3 sectors during the period in question…

When SAS crew went on strike a couple of years ago, it was announced just as we were about to board CPH to ORD, in fact, pre-boarding was already underway.

As a consequence, I was rebooked next day on LH via FRA, arriving into ORD 24 hours late.

2 things happened following;

A) Compensation was denied due to “strike action being outside the control of SAS (I checked the legality of this claim & was assured by a lawyer friend that strike action is (was) outside of the EU compensation rules.
B) I received only 50% of the miles/tier points due to LH operated flights offering much lower miles per sector – this meant that I missed Diamond level for a year (short around 2,000 points) as a direct result of SAS strike action

In summary, they were not willing to pay any kind of compensation & I dropped down a status level. Even though it was very obviously the reason my account had slipped, SAS wouldn’t budge on the matter and I was downgraded to Gold for a year.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls