Reply To: First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum

Alsacienne
Participant

LuganoPirate wrote

I can’t believe nice things are being said about Ryanair on this forum. Was a time when the bleakest of picture was being painted about them by fellow posters!

Of course this forum is principally for opinions rather than facts … but the ‘AGB’ (Always Getting Better) policy being rolled out by Ryanair is working, especially for those who are prepared to re-read the T&Cs and abide by them, as some previous working practices no longer apply.

Indeed, having recently taken a flight with an experienced airline who do a lot of specific holiday destinations, I found myself comparing their cabin crew standards and procedures to those of Ryanair and Easyjet … based on my experience of recent travel with both … and found that Ryanair certainly seemed to run a tighter ship in terms of safety demo (especially the audibility and comprehensibility of the spoken explanations in English) but also in the whole way cabin service was organised.

What a shame the travelling public tends to continue to revel in what goes wrong rather than what goes well. If one has (or tries to develop) a positive mindset – including being prepared to cope with the unexpected and be patient – when travelling, it can only be of benefit in reducing personal stress levels.

After all, isn’t a flight is about getting from A to B safely (and with your hold luggage!)? All the rest are just frills and sources of revenue.

I’ll get my coat ….

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls