Reply To: First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum

JohnnyG
Participant

I think it’s a case of Horses for courses, about 18 months ago there was a programme on tv about Ryanair. Michael O’Leary was interviewed and said that every time Ryanair was mentioned, good or bad the following day there was a sales spike as people went online to see what the fuss was about and realised a) how low their fares were and b) what a great breadth of destinations they served.

Customers were also interviewed, the ones who said they would not fly again with them were experienced older travellers whilst the ones who thought they were great were of the younger generation.

In the last 12 months they have been on a charm offensive, ordered more new aircraft, created more European bases and are flying to more main airports as opposed to out of area one. Frankfurt Hahn springs to mind.

You can also bet your bottom dollar that if they had suffered the outage last week instead of BA the media this week would crucify MOL, their sales would probably go up and their marketing dept would be working overtime with sales and promotions.

I will also mention that I have never flown with them but if necessary I would have no qualms at all. Each to their own.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls