Reply To: First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum

Alsacienne
Participant

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience Charles, but I am sure that you are old enough and wise enough, having told us all of happened to you, to move on.

For personal reasons I am having to commute more regularly than usual to the UK and use BSL to STN and SXB to STN regularly with Ryanair. Over the last 25 years of living in France I have yet to experience anything close to what you describe. All carriers may have ‘off’ flights with issues of skimpy cleanliness on turnarounds … but as Ryanair cabin crew (all 4 of them) have to turn the cabin round in less than 30 mins, maybe it would be a kind thought if departing passengers took their rubbish with them, and perhaps inflight, tried to eat and drink respectfully for those around them and those who follow them. And this suggestion could equally apply to all passengers regardless of their carrier.

Indeed, some of the worse mess I’ve seen on an aircraft floor is in Business Class on BA’s transatlantic routes as I walk through once those who can afford to pay higher fares than I have left the aircraft … you honestly wonder what sort of people leave such rubbish, especially as I’m sure that it is not only Economy Class where the cabin crew perform gash runs during the flight and certainly before landing.

The AGB programme that Ryanair is rolling out is certainly effective when compared to travelling with them 3 years ago before it started. If a passenger reads and understands the T&C when booking a ticket (which they do ‘click’ to do!) then there should be far less stress between service provider and client.

I may be mistaken but it would seem that certain posters on this thread typify Ryanair customers by social class and behaviour. Unwise. And quite likely untrue. Remember that it’s often true that a rich (wo)man stays rich by maximizing and protecting their income and minimizing their expenditure. Not everyone needs to flash the cash to impress.

My experience of Ryanair is that it does what it promises … gets you from A to B safely at an honest price. If you want more, then you need to put your hand in your pocket, remembering that every airline can have an off-day, and sometimes it’s due to factors (and organisations) beyond their control.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls