Reply To: First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum

AlanOrton1
Participant

FaroFlyer – I too read a couple of years back the Ryanair were trying to improve their image. I’m not too sure what they have done as they still seem to have more pernicious traits then the average LoCo. See Peter Coultas and my earlier example as to things they do that I don’t believe others do, in order to extort additional funds from their pax.

In my example, I see no need why they cannot allocate 2 pax seats next to each other when there were plenty available. This isn’t ‘nice’ and something I’ve not seen before on any LoCo (inc Ryanair), so it would be appear to be a new ploy purely to generate extra revenue.

Martyn – having travelled with them last on Tuesday I can’t find anything too positive to say, but in order to try:

*Flight left on time
*They do serve a good cup of coffee
*Flight landed on time
While not down to Ryanair, other parts of the journey that went well:
Next to no waiting time to clear security at ALC
Reasonable lounge courtesy of Priority Pass
Short queue (for once) to clear passport control at STN

Finally, while not on this occasion, they tend to offer the lowest priced fares on the limited routes I use LoCo’s on.
However, they still have a way to go to offer a slightly more pleasant experience, which EZY seem to have a far better grip of.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls