Reply To: First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum

FDOS_UK
Participant

Most firms/businesses, Ryan included, can offer a decent service for the money paid. The problem for me is how businesses and firms deal with problems that arise from time to time.

I would have no confidence of having a satisfactory customer experience with Ryan, if things went wrong. I had a problem with BA a couple of weeks ago, which was caused by not having a connecting ticket. All it took was a discussion, in a professional tone and the problem was resolved within a few minutes.

I think Ryan have created their own problems with their inflexible and inability to think on their feet, attitude.

Yes, arrive 3 hours before flight
Yes, other passengers aren’t flying so queues are small
Yes, you are not travelling with too much hand baggage
Yes, you are prepared to follow “orders”
Yes, you are happy to depart and arrive at some very obscure “city” airports
Yes, you are happy to be squashed in and not able to move to a free / empty row
Yes, you are happy to feel as if you are in a store with crew trying to sell you anything and everything
Yes, you are happy to have to endure loads of cabin announcements

… then Ryan Air is the perfect airline for you

Martyn

I don’t recognise the above.

Yes, arrive 3 hours before flight – no, two will do
Yes, other passengers aren’t flying so queues are small – sorry, don’t understand
Yes, you are not travelling with too much hand baggage – Ryanair offers two bags, like BA – the weight limit for the larger item is 10kg, which seems enough
Yes, you are prepared to follow “orders” – same for all airlines (at least in Y)
Yes, you are happy to depart and arrive at some very obscure “city” airports – no longer necessarily the case, plus FR also fly to ‘obscure’ airports that are well located for some areas
Yes, you are happy to be squashed in and not able to move to a free / empty row – no one will stop you moving to a free row
Yes, you are happy to feel as if you are in a store with crew trying to sell you anything and everything – no worse than on many airlines and a ‘curfew’ makes for quieter night flights
Yes, you are happy to have to endure loads of cabin announcements – just like other airlines (BA is pretty bad at this, with all the ‘let me add my personal welcome guff)

As I wrote earlier and Faro Flyer, too, not my first choice (my order of priority from MAN would be EZY/Norwegian, Monarch, Ryanair, Jet 2, Flybe, Vueling) but not half as bad as many think and usually on time.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls