Reply To: British Airways Global System Outage

Back to Forum

canucklad
Participant

Interesting interview with Cruz.
Generally the trouble with CEO interviews is that in many ways it’s an exercise in juggling a double edged sword.
If the top dog believes his words might be read by his employees he’ll tend to temper his messages into an ambiguous mish mash of rhetoric that says not much at all.
If their entirely forthright they risk alienating the most important people in the organization.
In this instance, it falls short of real substance, but I’ll guarantee you if you’re a BA employee, there’s probably enough data for you to read between the lines and speculate about your future working conditions.
I.E : Short haul cabin crew, I suspect you’ll soon be cleaning cabins between flights!

@ FDOS, regarding the Cardiff question, It was the aviation expert I listened too, on Radio Scotland earlier in the week. Tata apparently set up 2 different data centres in south Wales. Thanks Ahmad for clarifying

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls