Reply To: UBER to leave London ?

Back to Forum

K1ngston
Participant

When I visit London and dont hire a car I take Uber from LHR to Central London and each time the driver wears a badge saying they have been vetted by TfL which means they and their vehicle are fit to drive on the road..

This is exactly the same as the Black Cabs. Difference is cost of black cab into London with tip etc nearly £70 and with Uber depending on what time £35-50

What the Black Cabs in London need to do is exactly what the cabs in Singapore have done to counter Uber, they also offer pricing dependent on the hour and demand meaning Uber have set the standard and the registered cabs are following. What does that mean for the consumer? Better pricing of course and are affordable journeys

I have a lot of friends who are cab drivers in the UK and they would also want the surge pricing capability which makes them competitive, the move if it is the case to remove them is counter productive to say the least and protectionist

As an aside I am using Uber to great effect here in Hanoi currently, great service good cars and most importantly of all good value for money ….

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls