Reply To: British Airways failure – compensation

Back to Forum

JonathanCohen09
Participant

How sad that a once great airline has fallen so low!

If the top management had any sense at all, instead of looking for ways of wriggling out of paying compensation they would come out and actively invite people to claim their compensation and make sure it is paid out as quickly as possible.

If they did that then they might be seen to actually mean what they said about being truly sorry for all the inconvenience and stress that they caused their customers and maybe even begin to regain a bit of goodwill instead of killing it off completely.

However, as I have said many times before on this forum, until enough people vote with their feet to the point that the number boycotting BA starts to hurt their numbers then they will not have any incentive to do anything about it.

To be clear, I am not talking about the average staff member who has to take the flack from the public, I am talking about those at the top for whom the only measure that seems to matter is the bottom line and keeping shareholders happy!

I wonder how happy those shareholders are that the latest debacle has wiped £500m of the companies value?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls