Reply To: UBER to leave London ?

Back to Forum

Charles-P
Participant

@capetonianm I share your view concerning the good experiences of UBER around the world. I did once speak to a driver in London about the vetting process and he said it was quite comprehensive so out of curiosity I looked at their website and this is what it said,

“The driver is fully-licensed by Transport for London, has undergone an enhanced Criminal Records check (now called a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check) and carries a TfL Private Hire badge as well as a TfL roundel on their vehicle. UberTAXI drivers, like all black cab drivers, have undergone an enhanced DBS check and display their taxi badge and cab number in the inside of the car.

Uber partner-drivers undergo further vetting and training, including checks of all their personal and vehicle licensing documents. Private hire drivers have to show eight documents to join the platform, including commercial insurance for them and their car to carry passengers. Uber’s system keeps track of every document’s validity – if a document expires, Uber’s system automatically prevents the driver from working on the platform until their documents are in order.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls