Reply To: Business travel during Ramadan

Back to Forum

DNAdams
Participant

@K1ngston – sorry if you feel my comments are too strong, that is my opinion. Although, I am unsure why you have picked on Saudi as an exception as I would feel the same way if the flight was to Saudi and would not want my choice removed, not all the passengers will have the same beliefs or dietary restrictions and I think they should all have choice and not have it made for them for them due to other peoples beliefs and the risk of offending them. If I was in Saudi or Tel Aviv then that would be different and I always respect local customs and rules. As I said before this is public transport. Where does it end – no beef on all flights to India or alcohol free flights to Kerala? I presume British Airways serve alcohol on flights to Saudi?
The opinion on the right way to kill animals is clearly divided, my opinion is that letting an animal bleed to death is cruel and I personally choose not to eat it. I have found that they tend to have a veggie option available nowadays.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls