Reply To: Long Schiphol Queues

Back to Forum

Luxembourger
Participant

@ TominScotland

You and I must have been on the same flight. The reason was given as ‘a severe shortage of baggage handlers’ or something like that. A look at the screens on arrival at Schipol showed it was far from being just that flight that had suffered. Since Monday wasn’t a holiday in Holland, they can hardly blame that.

My total delay from missing my connecting flight came to 9hrs 30 mins. Apart from the (never wanted) hotel room, total cost to KLM was a choice between (a) 10 euro discount at participating bars or restaurants (unusable in practice), (b) 2000 air miles (sounds generous but worth very little in the real world) or (c) 15 euros off inflight tax free goods (worthless). Not a cheep about EU 261, either from KLM staff at Schipol or on the texts and emails they sent me, which suggests they are going to try and blame it on the airport. Since that’s not going to be a valid defence, I’m going to take it up if only for the insult.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls