Reply To: BA and EU 261 againCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA and EU 261 again Reply To: BA and EU 261 again

Markyah
Participant

BA cancelled my flight to Inverness the day before Storm Doris arrived. They offered me a full refund which I accepted and completed the necessary form and had this acknowledged by BA saying my full refund would be processed and paid shortly. I checked my credit card a week later and there was the refund but for less than a third of the price I had paid. I asked BA why and they said they had made an error and treated it as if I had cancelled rather than BA and said they would rectify it. More than a month has now passed and still no refund despite numerous tweets and telephone calls and BA admitting that the refunds department had made an error. They fobbed me off with all sorts of rubbish and I advised them that if payment was not received and cleared by today then I would issue a Money Claim (Small Claims). The final straw was getting another email from its claims department confirming that what they had refunded was correct and that was the end of the matter. Something categorically denied by another department of BA. Hopeless.

Disappointingly but not unexpectedly, since BA has not managed to keep any of its promises to date on this, I issued a claim today against BA.

One wonders if BA was trying this on and refunding a lower amount and hoping it would not be spotted. So if you have a flight cancelled make sure you get the refund due. When you will get it , however, is another matter.

A really pitiful performance from allegedly the Worlds Favourite Airline – says who?