Reply To: Where BA First class has gone?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Where BA First class has gone? Reply To: Where BA First class has gone?

pdwtrip
Participant

Lots of new threads about BA continuing to slide down the quality threshold.
Since my post in October we have been fortunate to complete 4 sectors for business in First with Emirates and a further 4 with Etihad. In terms of customer experience both airlines fulfilled the brief of making it special. Etihad have the edge with the Apartment cabin, the chef and attention to detail – as your car delivers you to T4 there is someone there to take the bags from the boot and deliver to check in – a relief for those of us with sore L3 in their backs.

Emirates also have their strengths.

We have just booked a further 4 sectors with Etihad in First and are about to book 4 more with Emirates for another business trip. Yes I am very fortunate as I travel with my wife at this stage of being semi retired.

The reason I write this is that 3/4 years ago we ONLY would have travelled BA – we are now happy to pay a little extra sometimes for the amazing quality of service we have had from Etihad and Emirates. So BA have lost revenue of 2 passengers on 8 First sectors in a year – 16 First flights. But then they have saved money by cutting back of the operating costs of First.
Is it good business?
Do they really want to offer First?
I do not believe they take First seriously – I wonder if they have to offer it to retain certain corporate contracts?