Reply To: Please bring back my old British Airways

Back to Forum

SGJNI1961
Participant

Interesting what is seen as “cheap” and/or “value”.

I have just returned from LHR/HKG/SIN/HKG/LGW, on CX in J for £2010.

Wonderful lounges, attentive crew (personal welcome on all the flights), a bath in the F lounge at HKG, (cant even get a shower in LHR unless in the Arrivals lounge),food I was happy to eat with offers of more and spotlessly clean aircraft, inc an A350!

Booked QR, (not in a sale, just was looking and saw the fare), EDI/DOH/CPT rtn in November, B787 to DOH and sadly a B777 to CPT but QR’s usual high standard of F&B I expect. £1900 in “R” business. I was very happy to pay this as BA wanted £3450 approx at the time for the same dates. Looking forward to it.

As I have written previously, I decided some time ago not to fly on BA even though I have been Gold for a few years now but to stick with O/W where possible, However:

Booked BA, (I think it was in a sale recently), AMS/LHR/CPT rtn for Christmas, £1450 in J. Upper deck B747 seats is about all I have to look forward to. The rest of the trip fills me with dread, will the food be edible, will there be a choice, will there be a strike, will the crew be friendly, will the seat be serviceable and clean? However, at that price, I couldn’t pass it by. Less than I usually pay for DXB at Christmas! BUT, am I happy? No!

What’s value for money? What you are willing to pay?

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls