Reply To: Qatar Airways / Cathay Pacific business class trip report – Europe – Australia.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Qatar Airways / Cathay Pacific business class trip report – Europe – Australia. Reply To: Qatar Airways / Cathay Pacific business class trip report – Europe – Australia.

rferguson
Participant

Part two – DOH-HKG.
Full flight
Seat 3K

Boarding:
40mins before departure. Warmly welcomed and shown to seat. I was cheerily welcomed by the eastern european stewardess serving my side who also took the time to introduce herself and explain the location of the bottle of water and headphones. The same pre departure drinks were offered as per the last flight along with the menu, drinks list, washbag (old style) and offer of a hot or cold towel. Qatar has obviously made it a focus that the onboard cabin senior give personal introductions in Business now. I was briefly welcomed by the Filippina CSD. PJ’s were also handed out on this night sector.
The drink and meal order for both the post take off and pre landing meals were taken on the ground and the stewardess asked if I wanted to be woken up before landing.
As was the case for all my QR flights the flight was boarded, closed up and ready to push exactly on time.

The flight.
This flight took on a very different environment to my daylight inbound flight from CPH. Departure time was just after midnight and the flight duration was a brisk seven and a half hours so most of the customers in business class wanted to bed down pretty quick or just have a quick snack instead.

The crew were very switched on and conducted the snack service very efficiently. Most passengers seemed to have something but for those wanting to sleep there was no disturbance from trolleys in the cabin etc as the service is completely hand run.

The ‘Late night dining’ menu had loads of options:
Soup of the day. Asparagus, mixed beans, blueberry and walnut salad with choice of grilled chicken or goats cheese. Mediterranean vegetable sandwich in grilled ciabatta bread. Stir fried beef fillet in black pepper sauce. Wild mushroom and mascarpone raviloi. Cheese plate. Desserts.

Breakfast menu:
Starters: Fresh OJ. Strawberry and banana smoothie. Carrot and ginger energizer. Fresh fruit. Choice of cereals. Greek yoghurt with strawberry compote and granola. Bircher muesli. Smoked salmon with horseradish and chive potato salad.
Mains: Traditional arabic breakfast of feta, cucumber, tomato, olives, balila and arabic bread. Tomato omelette with grilled beef patty. Buttermilk pancake with pineapple and ginger.

I had ordered the chicken salad which was delicious and presented beautifully but most important was delivered and cleared away quickly. I slept for a good few hours and woke up around two hours out of HKG. It is very gentle the way the QR crew wake you up for breakfast. When the stewardess noticed I was awake she immediately brought me a hot towel, left me for a few minutes to compose myself and then came and took a drink order.
For breakfast I only had the salmon starter which was a good portion and again beautifully presented. Once again the CSD came around and asked passengers if they enjoyed their flight.

We were circling in a holding pattern and landed at HKG five minutes shy of our schedule.

I made my way through transit security and off to the lounge to await my CX flight to ADL a few hours later.