Reply To: IAG group´s new airline – Level

Back to Forum

TheLion
Participant

Rant alert!!

ARGHHH! THIS IS BLOODY AWFUL!

I really want this venture to fail. The name is meaningless to everyone, Spanish and English speakers alike, plus everyone else who is in existence. It’s also confusing for ATC when pilots detail their flying height.

The livery is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. I kind of like the square but the rest is beyond hideous. It makes the newish Iberia livery actually look classy!

On the flipside, the website design placeholder is decent and actually artistic. I agree with others on here that it does have elements of 20th century art. I don’t know why the livery and design don’t reflect that instead of this monstrosity.

What were they thinking?!? I want to cry. It’s that bad.

They had a chance to either create a new pan-European low cost long haul brand or smartly utilise an existing brand like Vueling. They also could’ve thought ahead to the potential for Catalan independence and set up a base for Iberia (Express?) to operate a low(er?) cost service which would be ideally positioned to serve the significant market that would be created after independence.

What is clear is that IAG’s management have been in power far too long. The company needs a change of direction from their to-bone cost cutting, bland corporatism, poor treatment of staff, uncaring attitude to customers, disdain towards frequent flyers and so on.

In my view this is the epitome of neoliberal corporatism, its bloated corpse refusing to die, despite being already dead.

And…I did a search myself for October to LAX and some fares were more expensive than Iberia. All that and you have to add on bags, meals etc to compare like for like. If they’re going to charge similar for less why even bother with a new LCC brand?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls