Reply To: IAG group´s new airline – LevelCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Iberia IAG group´s new airline – Level Reply To: IAG group´s new airline – Level

FDOS_UK
Participant

Interesting analogy by ONE MILE AT A TIME…

“Let’s assume that by 52,000 tickets they mean 52,000 one-way tickets. LEVEL A330-200s have a total of 314 seats. That means that on day one they sold out 165+ planes. They’ll eventually operate 10 weekly frequencies in each direction across their four routes, or a total of 20 weekly frequencies roundtrip. That means that on day one they sold out every single flight for over eight weeks. As of now they’re only selling tickets through mid-October, which would mean that they’ve sold nearly half of all seats on day one.”

I don’t buy into that logic – the aircraft has 314 seats, being 293 economy and 21 premium.

How many premium seats will have been sold? (I doubt all and these seats will be significant to profitability.

Not all Y seats will have been offered at low fares and once again, this will be important to profitability. How many higher priced Y tickets ahve been sold?

As RFerguson said, a quick paint job and the 330s can go back into Iberia mainline service – so IAG is taking a prudent approach to testing the water, whilst at the same time giving Norwegian a bit of pain.

For me, the jury is out.