Reply To: Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.Create Topic

Home Forums Accommodation Hotels Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye. Reply To: Shangri La at The Shard (review) and goodbye.

LuganoPirate
Participant

MrMichael, it takes a lot to move me, but your final paragraph did just that. And how right you are, do things now while we can and not put them off. As a friend of mine once said, “there’s no point in being the richest man in the graveyard”! And that’s what I’m now going to do.

MrMichael, you have inspired me with your bravery. I’m not sure how I could so bravely face that final journey you’re about to make. And to your children I’ll say this, one day, you’ll copy your father’s little quirks, your habits unique to you, and they’ll realise that you live on in them as they will live on in their children.

I wish you God Speed and His blessings. May your final journey (First Class of course) be a peaceful one surrounded by your loving family.

And one request, though I’ll understand if it’s not possible. Could MrsM, when she’s ready, let us know you’ve boarded that flight so wherever we may be in the world we can raise a glass to you in your memory.

God Bless You.