Reply To: BA squeezing two more rows into short-haul aircraft.

Back to Forum

JonathanCohen09
Participant

This is a very interesting thread and although we have discussed it in other threads that were slightly different I think this is an important topic.

I have often asked the question, what would it take for loyal BA passengers to say enough is enough and vote with their feet because until enough of them do then BA will continue to do exactly what it wants without the fear of a backlash from it’s passengers.

There are I agree, a number of passengers who benefit sufficiently from the Avios that they earn from long haul flights and then use for domestic or European flights. this makes sense to me but what about all the others? why do they continue to fly on BA when there are many alternatives that offer better value for money particularly on shorter routes.

People who know me on this forum are aware that I am no great fan of BA but I am not a BA basher either but I voted with my feet a long time ago as it reached the point where the Gold Card benefits and avios just did not make up for the cost differential that BA expected me to pay.

For example I travel to Tel Aviv at least once a month sometimes more and I always flew BA. Easyjet is now my carrier of choice on this route as they fly have daily flights and double daily on 4 days of the week. I just returned yesterday from a 4 day trip and my ticket including seats with legroom both ways cost me £160, for the same itinerary the best BA could offer me was £450. a very easy choice as far as I am concerned, particularly given that it is a non stop flight. I know you can get cheaper flights if you fly via somewhere else and I know there are many out there who would not want to do that which I fully understand.

Why do more people not do the same thing, there are many people on this forum who complain of high fares and a decrease in the service offered and yet still stay loyal to BA. I am not criticising their choice, I would simply like to understand it?

Interested to hear the thoughts of others on this, particularly those who continue to fly with BA despite the savings that could be made if they flew with other carriers.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls