Reply To: The new BA website "beta" version

Back to Forum

FDOS_UK
Participant

Reluctant to spur yet more BA bashing… but the new website is in my opinion genuinely terrible. How could they have designed something that steps back rather than forward with regards speed/convenience/minimal number of clicks to complete a booking. At the start of the booking process having to keep clicking just to bring a dropdown menu for selection is so infuriating. I had inadvertently set it to a “oneway” search and it took a stupid number of clicks to drop down/change it to return. Nevermind when I got signed in to my Executive Club, I was told that “Avios bookings are not currently available online.” And then there was a warning message in my upcoming flights section about domestic flights showing as cancelled that weren’t actually cancelled. You couldn’t make it up. Definitely not a fan…

Why bash BA IT – they are experts in self bludgeoning.

Last week, my paper boarding pass was quite different to the one in the app – one showed luggage, the other was HBO, one was a cheap flight, the other Business UK etc. I showed it to the manager at the gate in Heathrow and he was genuinely perplexed and could not think of any sane/logical explanation.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls