Reply To: Worldsim – anyone else have problems?

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

Not sure if this was the same company, but I listened to a presentation by a “world sim” company who promised me the world (literally), but came up with ‘jack sh*t’ – as they forget to tell me they would only do business with a Limited Company.

I am now finding though, the availability of free data when overseas increases with every trip.

In Europe – I have a data/call allowance within my contract
USA – calls included within my allowance – free data available sufficiently
Far East – many hotels in the region provide free mobiles for local calls and data – hotspots and free wifi available in most restaurants and cafes

I tend to buy data, when I am sitting on an aircraft before take off, realising I have missed one email / WhatsApp message, or when in a taxi / car for longer than an hour and I have nothing better to do than check mail/messages. More and more taxis now have free wifi..

The other option which always available is if I am with a local colleague or friend with a large data allowance, ask them to create a hotspot for me from there phone..

The only local sim I now have is for Thailand and that’s only for voice…

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls