Reply To: Qantas at LHR – Choice of lounge?

Back to Forum

onajetplane
Participant

Trip update… Checked in at LHR at QF desk. “Ba Lounge” was written on my boarding pass and I was told to proceed to the BA lounge. Proceeded straight to the Cathay lounge. Was given a very friendly welcome “so nice you chose to come to us even though they have written BA lounge on your boarding pass”. And immediately proceeded to the restaurant. What a difference to the buffet that would have awaited in the BA lounge. Very nice lounge. Would definitely recommend.

Moreover, was eligible for Emirates first lounge in Dubai as was ticketed on Qantas metal (have been rejected in the past because even though I was on a QF ticket was actually fly EK so emerald status didn’t matter) so that was a nice addition.

And then had a final flight from SYD across the tasman sea in Y class. Welcomed by name. Greeted by name throughout the flight. Offered business class head phones and asked did I want a glass of champagne. Having already done 15 sectors on BA this year and not once been greeted by name, how come QF can pull out all the stops even if I was seated in Y class. So telling.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls