Reply To: Diamonds aren't forever.. the end of BMI Diamond Club and earn Avios earningsCreate Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Diamonds aren't forever.. the end of BMI Diamond Club and earn Avios earnings Reply To: Diamonds aren't forever.. the end of BMI Diamond Club and earn Avios earnings

CornishExile
Participant

Quite ironic really, just last week I was clarifying on another forum that bmi (in Regional guise: BM) was not in fact a *A member, and how BA took over BD, which rather precluded their continued membership of *A.

Like many others, all the miles and status I accrued for use within the *A disappeared, so I had to start from scratch in *A. I chose M&M although I don’t think that was necessarily the best decision.

BD with the blue and grey livery were probably my favourite airline in Europe before they flirted with being a LCC – and I don’t mean bmibaby! It was indeed good while it lasted.

Fortunately BM continues (for now) to exhibit some of those positive traits, albeit much scaled down with their largest aircraft being ER4s.