Reply To: Business Same price as EconomyCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Swiss Business Same price as Economy Reply To: Business Same price as Economy

Nogbad01
Participant

it happens all the time. I got first to JFK last year for £200 less than club.

My sad upgrade story:
About 18 months ago I was returning from Busan (PUS) to Manchester via Heathrow with Korean. I was booked in economy and after a long week I was dreading the 11 hour slog.
So I worked out the amount I was prepared to pay for an upgrade to business, converted it to Korean WON and went to talk to the nice young woman at the Korean service desk. She was very helpful and after about 5 minutes, showed me the cost on her screen. It was about half of what I was prepared to pay so I quickly handed over my credit card, paid and went through security.
About half an hour later while sat in the departure area, the same young woman came rushing up. She explained that she had made a mistake and the cost should really be about 4 times what she said.
Now at this point, I am sure some of you might be thinking “that’s her problem” and I should just take my business class boarding passes and leave her to take the flak. But I didn’t. I handed back the passes and she returned a few minutes later with economy ones. She did bring me a glass of iced coffee as well but I didn’t have the heart to tell her I don’t like it 🙂

That was the last long haul economy trip I did. These days I will pay to upgrade myself if the client wont stump up.