Reply To: Extra runways at London airports

Back to Forum

JohnHarper
Participant

Having lived most of my life until a couple of years ago in Windsor I cannot but agree that the noise reduction over recent years has been quite amazing.

I still remember one morning about 20 years ago being out on my bike and almost being knocked off by the vibration of Concorde going overhead, after that when I heard it coming I stopped and got off!

Just before we moved I described an A320 as a noisy beast and Mrs JH looked at me in amazement and said what a short memory I had and she was right – bring on the 707, 737-200, DC-10 and the Soviet types, the house used to shake with some of them.

I also agree, open up the possibility of expansion at both LHR and LGW and let private finance decide where to put the money and keep politics out of it. Had that approach been taken years ago London would have a world class airport instead of the excuse situated there currently.

ABBA.

Magazine Subscription
BTUK September 2017
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls