Reply To: KLM to WindhoekCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines KLM KLM to Windhoek Reply To: KLM to Windhoek

StephenLondon
Participant

Thank you Stephen for your insights of Namibia. I am currently considering a visit. Have you been to Sossusvlei? Can you recommend any lodges? What are the camps like in the Etosha National Park?

Qatar are also commencing flights to Windhoek – using the B787 – from the end of September I believe.

Apologies, SenatorGold, for a tardy response…I’ve been away and out of touch (yay!).

I went to Soussusvlei moons ago (mid-1990s) and it was fine. As others have said, dune activities, etc. By midday, it was shockingly hot so we headed out.

Lodges in Etosha are fine. Opt for luxe/vip accommodation if you can. It exists, although you may need a good agent to help you. I’ve stayed in Halali in an house (replete with full American kitchen) which was far nicer than the regular accommodation. Food in the camps is fine, but far from luxe, as you are so far from anything.

Bring paper towel and windolene/windex (or buy it once in Namibia). After a couple of days on the road, you have so many dead insects on the windscreen your car fluid runs out!

It really is such a magical country. It is the one place on earth where I have honestly dropped my jaw at the exquisite sunsets, where the hills behind turned a hue of purple that was unreal, and the sun dropped below the horizon in an orange haze that was simply stunning.