Reply To: Ding… who uses the call button on-board?Create Topic

Home Forums Frequent traveller Frequent Traveller Ding… who uses the call button on-board? Reply To: Ding… who uses the call button on-board?

handbag
Participant

As Cabin Crew, my pet hate is Crew that do not answer call bells or if they do, don’t get them cancelled.

As Pursers / CSL , we are asked for a small input each briefing. One of the things I always include is “Please not only answer call bells promptly, but also cancel them ” I have most probably given my identity away now to some of the other Crew on here 🙂

There is an indicator at the door by the galley , when the call bell goes off and if 1 or 100 go off, we only have one indiction on the side of the aircraft it is pressed in that cabin (it doesn’t tell you the number of seats). If it is not cancelled, we do not then know if anyone else has rang. There is a ding, but with all that is going on , we may not hear, so the light is important. Certain aircraft, we also have a screen, we can log into and look at, but generally, see the light at the door and look down the cabin.

Sometimes we have a light indicator go on and then can’t see it in the cabin, which means the bulb has gone at the seat. If so, I mark in the Tech log for the engineers to sort on the ground. I also have a wander through to see if I can find who it is. As most probably 50% of call bell presses are accidents, you often can’t find it to switch it off, so I then do a reset from the CSD office.

If you are a passenger, and press the call light, worth having a quick look up to see if the light is illuminated above you.

If you use it, then please cancel, as if you have not got a vigilant Crew, they may not answer if you ring again, as they will just see it left on from last time.

You never know when it will be an emergency, so for me it is a very important part of my responsibility.