Reply To: KLM to Windhoek

Back to Forum

StephenLondon
Participant

This is great news! Namibia is a terrific country to visit. It is known as the land of wide open spaces, and I have been six times on holiday so far.

Namibia’s Etosha National Park is one of the most amazing landscapes to experience. With 8,600 sq miles of parkland with a vast salt pan in the middle, it really needs to be seen to understand the amazing beauty. You drive yourself through the park, stopping at watering holes to see the wildlife. There are four camps within the park, so you can enter at the south gate and exit at the east gate taking in all the scenery in between without back-tracking. The last time I left the park, it was just as the camp gates opened. We were heading for the gates when we saw guinea fowl fly up and a cheetah leap in the air, happily catching one for breakfast. It was amazing.

The Namibian coastline is vast and mostly unspoiled. Access to the Skeleton Coast can require special permission and trained guides as it is rough and wild. To the north of Swakopmund is a seal colony (stinky, but amazing to observe), and depending on season, to the south (beyond Walvis Bay) is a large flamingo colony, reputed to have more than 1 million birds. I have been all over by car, from Keetmanshoop in the south to the Caprivi in the north (bordering Angola). I have loved every visit and can’t wait to return.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls